This year’s theme of the laboratory – _-m(- u-)lti-yo(- u-)u-s-m(- u-)lti- will take place within a (post-)pandemic fractional reality, where our current anthropocene world views are being challenged and questioned. Under such circumstances, How do we restore the feeling of togetherness? How do we ‘touch’ each other in recommended distance? What separate us with ‘each other’ exactly? Do we only concern such issues within the realm of human species? Or we may, with our humble attempt, to also include the non-human agencies on a planetary level: be it tree, machine, insect, stone, air, molecule, digital bits and everything in between… How do we envision new forms of planetary solidarity?
Torhaus Wehlen Gallery, at Stadt Wehlen, Germany, and its surrounding nature of Saxon Switzerland.
To enter the call:
– Please choose 5 questions in from last 3 pages of PDF created by OUTSIDEININSIDEOUTINSIDEOUTOUTSIDEIN collective, and answer it in written words, or in image/audio/video files. The duration and format of your 5 answers is not limited, as long as it is transmittable to us via email.
– Please generate 5 questions to us in written English. By doing so, you agree that your questions will be documented and published on our website, as the initial contact space for the “feedback loops” between other applicants, the collective, and wider viewers, you can choose to publish your questions anonymously. These questions will contribute to the on-going open-(re)source of our exploration and experimentation during and after this year’s laboratory.
– Please select 1-3 of your works that respond to our thematic direction that you wish to share with us in any formats– pdf, jpeg, video link, audio link, webpage.
– Personal website that presents your resume of previous experiences, if you don’t have one, please send us in one pdf file.
– Please choose between full-time or part-time participation of our Laboratory and One-Day-One-Night Public Event. (More details in PDF)
Deadline of Application: 15th of June 2021
Announcement of the results: 5th of July 2021
– Please put the required information in one PDF file and send to: firstname.lastname@example.org